Vinatge Boucharouiate - Moroccan Rag Carpets - Zamzam


Everyone knows that beautiful carpets are hand made in Morocco and that the Berber Vintage Carpets with their soft wool and ancient but tribal motifs are every designers dream.

I who only like cream and black/brown or very muted soft colours has suddenly gone mad for these stunning colourful Boucherouite rag carpets.  I also love the way they are made from recycled cloth in a totally eco fashion.  They are made by women in the countryside and can often be seen on the side of a mountain as you drive through the Atlas or at the beach.  

.
I have seen a few of these Boucharouiate carpets now and only one has really moved me until I found these.  They are so me their colours out of this world.  Every carpet is unique and these particular ones I have just bought dance around your head as you look at them.  Finding these was like a visual orgasm.  They sang to my soul and filled me with excitement. I hope you love them too.


The deep indigo blue of this one with the bright pink I love so much.  I'm very into indigo at the moment.  It looks like a peacock tail.  
The Zamzam Boutique will now be selling a selection of these stunning vintage rag rugs.  Email me for more information - Emma      zamzamriad@gmail.com
or view the stock at http://www.riadzamzam.com/zamzam-boutique/ 
Also gorgeous Juju Hats from the Cameroon, Beni Ouarain Carpets, Handira, pouffes and embroidered cushions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco