Vintage Berber Wedding Blankets, Handira - Zamzam Riad, Marrakech


I am in the process of updating the Zamzam Boutique online.  These are some recent photos I have taken of the pretty handira in our current stock.









This baby pink and blue handira is very rare I haven't seen another one like it.
















This one is a pretty traditional handira with rows of neat cotton fringe packed with sequins.  These Handira are made by families for Berber wedding ceremonies.  They make a great wedding present.


One of my favourite with an unusual diamond fringe pattern.  Email me if you would like more information on any of these and sizes - zamzamriad@gmail.com
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco