Moroccan Carved Stone Door Frames - Essaouira, Morocco


We had glorious sun the first day on the beach and I'm embarrassed to tell you I spent most of it asleep.  So when I went out to take photos today in the wind, sand and rain I decided to take photos of the doors to share with you.

I adore the charming ambiance of this seaside Medina, I totally get why it draws hippies, artists, musicians and laid back types, it is very special and you will only really get this by visiting.  Morocco is 3.5 hour flight from the UK so no reason not to come and visit this magical little port.

The doors are mostly blue, I suppose blue and white is synonymous of the coast, but here the air is full of salt from the spray of the wonderful thundering Atlantic waves which bash on the door of the Medina wall.

I promise to work on my shots tomorrow and stop lazying around .... its hard not to when your here.  It's the rhythm of Essaouira.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco