Vintage Berber Wedding Blankets at Zamzam Boutique

I just thought I would share with you some of the new pieces I have bought for the Zamzam Boutique. I now have a gorgous collection of Handira (Berber Wedding Blankets) and some new editions of Berber Carpet, Beni Ouarains. If you click on this link it will take you to my online Zamzam Boutique where you will also see a recently updated collection of Beni Ouarain carpets.
These recently purchased Handira are beautifully clean vintage pieces.
This very shaggy wedding blanket is very unusual, I have never seen a Handira like this, it has tons of character.
What a treasure this is. A wedding blanket shawl it is absolutely stunning. I am told that Handira like these are very rarely made and they are for the Berber male wedding dress.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco