Vintage Beni Ouarain Berber Carpets - Zamzam Boutique

I have just bought two new carpets for the Zamzam Boutique. I added the sizes and photos for the Zamzam albumn last night. The first carpet is unusual in that the pile is very short for a Beni and the weave is much tighter and smaller.

This carpet is 4mx2m. This carpet is incredibly soft and the weaving has been done with much smaller wool than the traditional Beni Ouarains. I love the box hatch and the patterns up the sides. It also has a really pretty kilim weave at the ends.

It is getting hard to find these nice Berber carpets now, so as and when I see pieces that speak to me I buy them. If you would like to look at the full range of my Beni Ouarain and Azilal carpets just click on the Zamzam Boutique in the left hand table.

This carpet is also unusual in that it has a very long chunky pile. This carpet with tons of character measures 3x2m. The hatch is very very dark brown looking black in areas with cream wool. Lots of these pieces were used for the Berbers to sleep on and I can see why with this Berber carpet. It is just wonderful to walk on!


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco