The Wonderful Moroccan Coast

We are now back from 3 days glorious break at the coast. The weather was absolutely sublime, cool at night and in the morning so that you could slowly wake up and take your time over breakfast and then wonderfully hot with a breeze in the afternoon. Although July and August are busy season for the Moroccan holiday makers, there is so much beach that you can always find a spot for yourselves. The English really don't realise what they are missing, 3 hours from the UK into this complete coastal paradise. You don't have to go to crowded Agadir on a package. There are many many coastal villages on the Moroccan coast you can stay at. When you arrive the streets are lined with key shakers offering accommodation and apartments. Being on the Atlantic coast the sea food is also a fantastic bonus. The coast I prefer best is the coast from Rabat to Essaouira, which is rugged and sandy with crashing waves all around. It is perfect for young children as there are many warm rock pools to explore including crabs and sea slugs. My 4 year old daughter spent hours collecting seaweed. I must say some of it was really stunning, I've never seen seaweed flowers!

Just 2 1/2 hours from Marrakech!
Of course no adventure would be complete without buying a carpet. Not my usual low key taste in rugs, but totally stunning. The photos don't do it justice it is a wonderful faded peach colour and would look stunning in a modern home. It is from the desert a region I have yet to research. It makes sense to me that there would be so much colour in this carpet when the weaver is surrounded by sand. I adore the blue camels! I will add the photos to the Zamzam Boutique so you can see more of it. What a find..................... by the way i'm having lots of internet problems if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I think maybe it's the heat.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco