You can't eat an elephant whole! - Berber Wedding Blankets

WB8 one of my latest editions. I am truly ensconced in buying for Zamzam Riad now which I have to tell you does not come easily to me. I am of the school, choose something really fab - buy it - love it and then buy another piece. I am a woman on pieces. I would rather spend money on a piece than on many odds and sods. So you see, suddenly having to buy alot at the same time is hard for me, not natural. I'm a one thing if I'm lucky buyer, terribly choosy, never buy en mass.

Let me tell you 3 weeks ago it dawned on me like a tidal wave that I needed to get on with this buying thing and that i didn't have time to choose a piece, that 7 bedrooms, a salon and a terrace let alone the rest (I can't even buy a soup bowl unless i adore it) had to be bought and that I had been shallying around for far to long. Don't get me wrong I can buy carpets 3 at a time, but they are my thing and I've found some excellent people who seem to provide more and more amazing ones. It's actually like having a personal genie.

Any how I had 3 weeks to buy 150m of fabric, all different for all those different rooms, yes I chose a hard path, I wanted all the rooms to have different energy I'd already done my feng shui bagua map. I lost the plot, there is only so much staring at fabric you can do, when I remembered........... A long time ago I worked at KPMG. A consultant who I liked very much told me "you can't eat an elephant whole" wearing my African trade beads at the time and being very Eco conscious, I realised it had to be a metaphor. "You have to cut it up into bite sized pieces".
Oh sorry I forgot, WB8 is not only stunning but unusually large, nearly 3m x 2m, visit the Zamzam Boutique if you'd like more info.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco