Natasha Compton - Marrakech

I decided to go and see what my friend Natasha Compton was up to in her workshop. You see I knew that she was beavering away on a new collection of children's wear and bearing in mind the gorgeous clothes her three girls wear, I though I just had to pop in.

Natasha's crew are working away in an apartment in the middle of town. She tells me she has finished the babies collection and is now working on the rest. Sourcing the softest cottons and the most exquisite embroidery she is soon to make headline news I feel sure.

There were tons of samples in natural soft colours, patterns laid out on the cutting table and lots of mood boards in the process of being refined.

Natasha tells me that she already has a couple of shops in London awaiting her supplies and is in the process of agreeing contracts with others. It is a long time since I have seen such beautiful children's clothes, the gorgeous smocking took me back to my own childhood, when my granny used to laboriously smock little linen dresses for me in Nigeria.




For enquiries you can contact Natasha at NJB, Av Yacoub El Mansour, Arset Bata, Imm. 1, App 9, Gueliz, Marrakech, Morocco.

Tel 00212 24432935
Email natasha.compton@gmail.com

She is based just past Majorelle Gardens straight on over the lights, just before the pharmacy on the left.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco