My guardian angel reincarnate

My guardian angel, I dont know what we would have done without him. In desperation about 3 months after arriving in Marrakech, i took it upon myself to go out on a land hunt. Marcus was totally fed up and rightly so after day upon day of looking at land, being told what he wanted to buy had actually sold a year ago etc etc. I've had enough he said one day! So in the car i got and headed off . I saw a key sign which means, moroccan men who know about land, so i jumped out the car with Fatima (my maid at the time, but actually sooo much more) and off Fatima went gabbling in arabic as i said to her: 2 hectares, small piste, trees etc etc. Up sauntered this beautiful man with a calm aura, he stood out a mile. What are you looking for and how can I help you he said in English! There in is the start of a beautiful story of a wonderful kind, spiritual, knowledgeable, conscience individual who i swear is infact my guardian angel!Now back to the riad, look what we have achieved. Look at the new floors going in! they will be laid with tadelakt next a lovely shiny natural plaster.
The wonderful Halid above at work, a member of the fabulous people tribe. Note also the freshly plastered walls. I am so pleased to see Halid and the new members of his tribe as we lost him for a while to another Riad paying more. Thank god he's back!

Halid's fabulous assistant, laying Bejmat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco