A trip to Villa Maroc - Essaouira

Beautiful sunset out of our bedroom window.



Bar area for drinks.


Off we went to Essaouira to have a look at the place with my folks, who were still thinking that a place by the sea for winter sun was a good idea. I really thought it was going to be cold as it can be very windy, so i made sure everyone took lots of jumpers. We were booked into Villa Maroc, just for 2 nights. I had heard a lot about the place over a number of years mainly from people i bumped into in London, after all it was one of the first, if not the first riad guesthouse in Essaouira Medina.

The drive was great, blue skies, mountain ranges. We followed the snowy atlas the whole journey, they really are spectacular as i keep mentioning. I will never get tired of them. We arrived over the customary hill top and started our decent to the beach with shouts of 'i can see the sea' reminding me of my childhood all over again. This time though enjoying hearing the shouts of my daughter.

Villa Maroc was really charming, a little disorganised but then hey, this is Jimmy Hendrix territory, so i decided to just chill. The weather was glorious and a hot 20 degrees, much hotter sitting in the sun having coffee and the air was clean and gorgeous. I love the sea air. My daughter and i had a charming room, actually it was two which was nice as we didn't have to sleep together. Just as well as the beds are a standard double, quite small by today's standards and so high i needed a stool to get out. No jokes please i am actually 5 foot 2!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco