A Moroccan Wedding in Marrakech

When we arrived at the wedding we were taken to see the wedding salon.  I was so suprised in this tiny little mud village at how ornate and big the whole ceremony was.  More than 100 guest were due and the wedding ceremonies go on for 5 days.  At ladies night only the men from the immediate family are allowed.  The evening before was the mens night.  The ornate chair for the bride was splendid and my daughter spent great delight in hopping in and out of it.
The ornate staging for the couple.
Sugar, boiled eggs and milk were good luck for the henna lady and the couple.
At the entrance to the tent was a table with loads of trays of hand made cakes with the most minute detail.  These are given to guests in boxes as they leave.

Whilst waiting for Fatiya to get ready I was asked if I would like something to eat it was 10pm and I was feeling a bit faint.  Yes please I said but just a little not too much.  They bought me a whole roast chicken and a leg of lamb.  I was shocked but decided to just get stuck in, I only managed a chicken leg!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco