Hasan ll Mosque at Casablanca





Well I have just returned from a trip to Casablanca, very short i'm afraid, it would have been nice to go shopping, but i was there to go to the British Embassy. I liked Casablanca what i saw of it and will definitely be going back to shop for the riad. The new motor way from Marrakech was amazing, mainly because it was nearly empty and new. It took only 2 hours to cover alot of kilometers.

I went with Sana which was very helpful as she used to live there and could direct me around the big city. She kept saying to me 'have you seen the big mosque? its the biggest in Africa you know' to be honest i didn't take much notice, i was thinking i've seen mosques what's the big deal. As we turned the corner i could not believe my eyes, it was the most amazing thing i've seen as amazing at the Vatican in Rome. I was totally blown away and will definitely be back to have a look round. The photos don't really do it justice, it was gob smackingly big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco